Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, October 29, 2007

Alas, it's winter ... almost

The calendar may read only Oct. 29, but winter started today.Yes, it was the first morning I had to scrape ice from my car windows. Can't say anything good about it. That was followed by maneuvering through my development dealing with sun glare on my mostly defrosted front windshield. (And when I got to work, that sun was still glaring just above my work station.) April, or a return of our really warm fall temperatures, can't come soon enough.

Speaking of soon enough, the World Series has ended the 2007 season so it's soon enough time for Hot Stove talk for this 24/7/365 fan. It's beyond rational explanation to normal people, but it makes perfect sense to baseball fans. Just think --only three and a half months to pitchers and catchers reporting to prepare for Grapefruit and Cactus baseball, then opening day, a hot start, the dog days, surviving September and, all fans everywhere hope, really meaningful October baseball like the Red Sox and Rockies gave us this year.

I've already had enough of A-Rod talk. I lump him in with our state politicians who know only one way to campaign - negative. None of them displays any class. Bottom line: I wouldn't invite any of them to dinner at home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-rod is the biggest phony around. He flunked out big time for four years of post season play. Good riddance.

4:57 PM, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home